Anatomy and Physiology of Yogic Practices: Understanding of the Yogic concepts and physiological mechanism of the yogic practices
Makarand madhukar Gore
- ISBN: 9788178223919, 8178223910
- Year of Publication: 2016
- Binding: Hardcover
- Edition: 6th Revised
- No. of Pages: 264
- Language: English
The first part of the book deals with only that part of the basic anatomy and physiology, which is important in understanding the mechanism of yoga practices. This time a special note, in the form of tips 'from yoga point of view', has been added so as to understand various concepts and aphorisms of yoga clearly. The second part of the book describes the traditional technique of asanas, pranayamas, bandhas, mudras, kriyas (cleansing practices), their possible mechanismÄ This book would help the reader:
(1) To learn the basic structure and various functions of the body.
(2) To understand the yogic concepts, the correct technique and the mechanism of the yogic practices as well as their physiological effects on the human body.
(3) To know whether we can modify the techniques of these yoga practices with the help of the scientific information about them for better application.
(4) To understand the principles of yogic therapy, its application, contra-indication and limitations.
(5) To know the scientific aspect of the Aum chanting.
I am very happy to welcome a new and timely addition of this book on the technical subject. I give my compliments to Dr. M.M. Gore for bringing out this book for the benefit of the students of yoga, and recommend it to the readers." - Dr. M.L. Gharole
About the Author(s)
Dr. Makarand Madhukar Gore received his initial education in yoga from his Guru Swami Janardan of Nagpur. After completing his post-graduation, he acquired education in Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy. Since 1975 he has been working in the field of scientific research in yoga, at Kaivalyadham, Lonavla. He has taught this subject at G.S. College of Yoga, Kaivalyadham, for 10 years.